Our admissions process is designed to ensure you are ready and committed to the quality education that we provide and quality work we require of our students.
The following is required:
The school admits the following students in the Cosmetology, Aesthetics, Nail Technology courses:
- Persons who have official high school transcripts, GED, or home school transcripts which meets or exceeds the Tennessee State Board requirement of at least two (2) years of high school.
- Persons who are at least 16 years of age.
- Proof of age: I.D. card or Driver license
- State Accredited High School or Home School transcripts or GED (in some cases transcripts may be required)
- Social Security Card
- Registration fee of $100
- Accredited High School diploma or High School Diploma Equivalent (GED)
- Current Tennessee Cosmetology, Aesthetics, Nail Technician License
- At least 3 years licensed experience
- Must be 18 years of age at time of enrollment
Orientation is NOT optional. Everyone is expected to attend. Orientation is the Friday before classes begin. We strongly recommend that you read your student handbook prior to Orientation. During Orientation new students will get to meet their educators, administration, as well as other new students. Staff will also review school policies and procedures.
The student agrees to abide by the rules and regulations in effect during their period of enrollment. The student agrees to attend classes as required, and when unable to attend, will bring reasonable and acceptable excuses. He / she understands that all hours of the program must be clocked to receive credit as per State Board requirements. Any period of time beyond the time period allotted for the completion of the course will be charged to the student at an additional rate.
Jenny Lea is the only place I will get my hair done now. I get pampered every time I come in. The students there do amazing work and you can’t beat the prices.
Great service by young student today. Love my color and halo of highlights. Well worth the extra time and much less expensive services for stay at home mom on tight budget.
I felt like my instructors truly were passionate about what they were teaching.
Aesthetic Graduate Linsley
Jenny Lea Academy changed my life. The experience, the education, the great memories, the friendship that I have made I will keep for the rest of my life.
Cosmetology M Sturgill
I really liked attending the Aesthetics program at JLA. I would recommend JLA to anyone who is serious about skin care.
Aesthetic Graduate Toudy
I loved going to JLA. The instructors were very talented and knowledgeable. I now own a salon and I love having my own business.